St. Mary’s B.N.S. has been providing education for over 150 years in the community of Booterstown. The school was originally established in 1852 on Grotto Avenue. In 1968 an entirely new school was built in Grotto Place. The original school building now serves as a school hall. Recent years have seen a steady increase in enrolment and a parallel investment in school infrastructure and resources.